The Riu Palace is located on the white beaches of Playa de Arena Gorda, 23 km away from the airport and 50 km away from the city of Higuey.
- Barber / Beauty Salon
- Boutique Shops
- Car Rental
- Currency Exchange
- Disco / Nightclub
- Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
- Meeting Rooms
- Casino Onsite
- Outdoor Pools
- There is an outdoor freshwater pool surrounded by tropical gardens, with a jacuzzi and an area set aside especially for children.
- Bavaro Golf Course - 12 km away.
- Barcelo Bavaro Golf Course is an 18-hole, Par 72 course designed by Juan Manuel Gordillo. It is flat and very playable, with narrow fairways, palm trees, lakes and dense vegetation. It was built with the enjoyment of the resort tourist in mind.
- Holes: 18
- Green Fees: $70 b/f 2pm; $35 aft
- Lessons Available
Water Sports on Site
- Fishing: Additional Charge
- Sunfish Sailing: Complimentary
- Scuba: Additional Charge
- Snorkeling: Complimentary
- Paddle Boats: Complimentary
- Wind Surf: Complimentary
Health Club / Spa
- Aerobics: Complimentary
- Jacuzzi: Complimentary
- Massage: Additional Charge
- Manicure / Pedicure: Additional Charge
The prime example of luxurious comfort, Riu Palace is a deluxe beachfront hotel featuring a classic colonial style of architecture. Surrounded by extensive palm groves, this All-Inclusive resort offers elegantly appointed air-conditioned rooms.
Food and beverages available until 2am. Exchange privileges throughout the entire Riu complex. Caribbean Street offers an array of shops, services and boutiques.
Beach: The hotel is located directly on a magnificent 26 km stretch of white sand beach, dotted with palms and bordering pristine Caribbean waters. Guests have access to lounge chairs and an array of watersports (windsurfing, sailing, canoes, etc).
Check-in: 12:00 noon
Check-out: 12:00 noon
Total Rooms: 364
Year Opened: 1994
Credit Cards: Visa, Master Card, Diners Club, American Express
There are no handicapped rooms. Drinks at the Pacha Discothèque are not included. No Spring Breakers
All Meals, Drinks & Tips-
Guests staying at Riu Palace Macao enjoy exchange privileges within the Riu Resort complex.
There are 4 Restaurants at Riu Palace Macao:
- El Patio - Serving Breakfast, lunch , & dinner.
- A La Carte Restaurant - Serving International and Mediterranean cuisine. Reservations are required. Men are required to wear long pants.
- A La Carte Restaurant - Steak House Reservations are required. Men are required to wear long pants.
- A La Carte Restaurant - A la carte dinner menu. Reservations are required. Men are required to wear long pants.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT:
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
- Watersports, Tennis, Shopping on the Caribbean Street, Table Tennis, Aerobics, Waterpolo, Volley Ball, Organized Activities.
Nightly Activities & Entertainment:
- The Pacha Disco is open every night, and guests may also enjoy the Copacabana amphitheater and Riu Palace Macao Casino.
The Riu Mini club organizes daily activities for children between the ages of 4 and 12 years old.
- Applicable Ages: 4 - 12 years old.
- Babysitting Fee: Available