Surrounded by lush tropical vegetation, this beachfront resort is 3 kms from the town of Playa del Carmen, right next to the Hotel Riu Yucatán. It is within a convenient distance of a variety of shops, 50 minutes away from the International Airport.
- Barber / Beauty Salon
- Boutique Shops
- Car Rental
- Currency Exchange
- Disco / Nightclub
- Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
- Meeting Rooms
- Physician on Call
- Shopping Mall Nearby
- 2 Outdoor Pools
- Swim-up Bar
- There are two magnificent freshwater swimming pools with lounge chairs, sun umbrellas, towel service, the main pool area has a separate children`s pool and swim-up aquatic bar. There are SCUBA demonstrations in the hotel pool.
- Playacar Golf Club
- Playacar`s championship-level golf course was carved right out of the jungle by the Robert Von Hagge Associates. This 7,202 yard course is rated 73.1 and has plenty of tee boxes for every level of play. It is situated next to Playa del Carmen.
- Holes: 18
- Green Fees: $100.00 (approx.)
- Cart Fee: $20.00 (approx.)
- Club Rental Fees: $30.00 (APPROX.)
- Lessons Available
- 2 Outdoor Lighted Courts
- Court Fee: Complimentary
Water Sports on Site
- Sunfish Sailing: Complimentary
- Scuba: Additional Charge
- Snorkeling: Complimentary
- Paddle Boats: Complimentary
- JetSki / Waverunner: Additional Charge
- Wind Surf: Complimentary
- Horseback Riding: Additional Charge
Health Club / Spa
- Jacuzzi: Complimentary
- Nautilus Equipment: Complimentary
- Spa: Additional Charge
The exquisite Riu Palace Mexico is a deluxe beachfront All-Inclusive featuring elegant and luxurious decor in the style of the aristocratic Mexican haciendas. Each room features a ceiling fan, mini-bar (re-stocked daily) and a private balcony or terrace.
The Mexican Street offers a vast array of shops, services and boutiques; food and beverages (int`l and domestic) are available until 2 am; guests can use all the bars within the Riu complex. Evening entertainment, a gym, and lit tennis.
Riu Palace is ideally situated on a beautiful stretch of pristine beachfront, where crystal blue waters caress fine white sands. Enjoy water sports, or relax beneath the warm rays of the Mexican sun on comfortable lounge chairs dotting the beachfront
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 noon
Total Rooms: 434
Year Opened: 1999
There are 4 Restaurants at Riu Palace Mexico:
- Don Julian - Featuring international buffets, on-the-spot cooking and main course table service, the Don Julian has a non-smoking area and terrace. Breakfast is from 7 am to 10:30 am, lunch is 12:30 to 3 pm, the first dinner seating is at 6:30, the second is at 8:30
- La Traviata - La Traviata is located by the beach and offers whole meal products and on- the-spot cooking, becoming an Italian restaurant for dinner. A continental breakfast is served from 10:30 to noon, lunch is 12:30 to 3:30 pm. Men are required to long pants.
- Rodizio Brasileno La Bodega - A barbecue Brazilian dinner restaurant with theme buffets twice a week and the Gala Dinner once a week (reservations for the Gala Dinner are required one day in advance). Dress code is casual elegance, gentlemen are asked to wear long pants at dinner.
- El Patio - A Mexican beach restaurant open for lunch, serving hors d`oeuvres from 4 pmto 6 pm.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
- Daily Entertainment Program
- Non-Motorized Water sports,
- The on-site Mini Market is open daily from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm.
Nightly Activities & Entertainment:
- Nightly shows
- Live music
- Complimentary drinks and entrance to La Espuela disco at Riu Yucatan and La Pinata disco at Riu Tequila.
Kids can use the Children`s Program at the Riu Tequila, located across the street from the hotel.
Babysitting Fee: $15 per hour
Advance Notice for Babysitting: Yes